Friday, March 30, 2007

R.I.P.

Were you able to spot the real sentiment? If not, scroll down. This is an actual stone in Mount Royal Cemetery located in the center of Montreal. The St. Joseph Oratory is visible in the background at top right. With friends like these ...

R.I.P.

The cryptic message occurred to the monument maker after he finished sandblasting it into stone. "Afterwards, as I'm done, I'm looking at it and I’m like, 'Wow.' I noticed it just like that," says John, whose full name won’t be published here for professional reasons. "This guy's ex-wife and mistress came in together and ordered the stone. They said the message represented him. It was a thing between the three of them," says John, who notes that the only other such hardy-har headstone he's been hired to write says: "I'd rather be in Boston but my wife buried me here."

No comments: